Sunday 12 August 2012

Mo Manning Summer Beach Card

Hello everyone,
Anyone fancies a summer card? I made this one a while ago and thought I'd share it with you before the summer is over...sigh.... 
I took a loooong vacation, for over a month now and haven't colored all this time. I feel strange and can't wait to put my hands on those copics I left at home purposedly...lol. I thought maybe I'll get a bit over the addiction. Well, it's already too much:) While in the countryside with my little one I kept my hands busy making jams, compotes, putting up pickles and other stuff and time just flew by... Now it's time to get back to work...hehe
Here's my summer card featuring one of Mo's older images, a girl heading to the beach.
The big sunflower is quilled, I spent quite some time putting it together but I love the way it turned out:)


Here are some close-ups:




And a close-up of the quilled flower:

Ingredients for my card:
Image: Mo Manning- To the Beach
Medium: copics, chalks, acrylic white paint
DP: Echo Park- Paradise Beach- digital from Jessica Sprague
Embellishments: handmade quilled flower and leaves, Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, charm, shell, net from stash, ribbon from The Ribbon Girl
Sentiment: cut from foam with a Sizzix Alphabet die

 Hope you like my card, I surely had lots of fun designing it.
I would also love to enter a few challenges. I've missed them:):

Marianne Design Divas- Anything Goes, 
Challenge Up Your Life - Everything Goes, must be a new project , 
 Little Claire's  - Summer Holidays ,  
One Stop Craft -A Summer Holiday,  
Craft Punked –  Beside the Seaside, 
Inspire Me Fridays – Always Anything Goes, 
365 Cards - Use at least 3 flowers, 
Copic Marker Europe - A Summer card, 
Delightful Challenges - 1E, SIO - Fabric, fiber & trim, 
Hanna & Friends - Summer, 
Moving Along With The Times - Summer,  
Whimsy Inspiration -Summer Fun


Happy Crafting everyone and thanks for visiting!
Bugs hugs,



12 comments:

Sorana said...

Amazing card! the perfect expression for summer!

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Stunning:)I am following your blog now!
Tabitha's Designs

Mojca said...

OMG Julia this is absolutely adorable. I love the bright colors and it really screams summer!!! And great embellishmentt. Hugs! Mojca

Ivonne said...

Beautiful card. Love the bright colors! Love the details, the shells, the charm and the flowers. Hugs, Ivonne

Unknown said...

Wow!!! You have packed a ton of embellies in this beautiful card!!! Love all the textures!

Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs!!

Pat said...

No no noooooooooooo...don't talk about Summer being over yet! I don't go on vacation for another month! aackk! But I tell ya, I'm going to look exactly like this cute Mo image walking down the beach! hehe! Well, in my mind, maybe! hahaha! Your card is fabulous, Iulia! I love the bright colors....you are a master at bright colors! And the scene you created is perfect! I love it! Oh...and that quilled flower is the absolute BEST embellishment!! Glad you had fun on vacation with your family! Sounds like it was such fun...and I've seen some of your pics on Facebook...your little guy gets more and more adorable (er, I mean handsome") each time I see him!! Hugs. Pat Frank

Whimcees said...

Hello!

What a beautiful card - you have created a paradise! The colors are so bright and fun! Wishing you a happy day today!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Truly Lori said...

Your card is just beautiful! I can see that you put alot of work into the design and it turned out great!

Thanks so much for joining us over at Frosted Designs.

tellana said...

wow - this is totally awesome card! And those letters look like made out of real sand.
Thank you for participating in this week's FD Fabulous Friday challenge.
Liva ❤

Denise @ kc242 said...

Your card is simply divine! Love your flower! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Digital Delight Challenges.
Denise
DDC-DT

DoBea A. said...

What a gorgeous and detailed card! Thank you for sharing it with us over at 365 Cards!!

Kreativmonster said...

Very beautiful card, Iulia! I love the colours and all the details - really, really pretty! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at the Copic Marker Europe Blog!
Big Hugs
Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...