Saturday 13 October 2012

Color Me Creative Guest Designer


Hi everyone! I haven't been GD for a while now, thanks Suzanne and Tina for choosing me at Color Me Creative, it gave me the chance to color up a lovely image by Tiddly Inks  who are sponsoring this week's challenge and make a wedding card for a change.
As some of you probably know, I use both copics and promarkers to color up my images, so I may not be of much use for those looking for blending tips and other coloring advice. You can check out Suzanne Dean's coloring classes and much more at Color Me Creative for these matters. Sometimes I think I focus too much on the design and less on coloring due to lack of time. Maybe some day I will fix that:)

Here's my wedding card:



The challenge theme is Anything Goes with a touch of red. The thing is I thought this touch of red was optional, but well, somehow I managed to  pull it out and colored the bride's hair in a reddish tone. Hope you like the way it turned out.
Here are some close-ups:


And the sentiment:


Supplies:
Stamp: Tiddly Inks- You and Me
Coloring Medium: copics, promarkers
Embellies; flowers- WOC and IAM Roses
Die cuts: Magnolia DooHickey Heart Swirl, Marianne Design label, Cheery Lynn French pastry Doily and Exotic Butterflies 2
Sentiment: freebie from Val and a bit of Photoshop


I would enter my card in the following challenges:
Pixie Dust Studio -Anything goes, Paper Shelter Challenge - Love, Whimsy Inspiration -  Sparkly,  The Shabby Tea Room - Photo Inspiration* + Pink, Green, White & Lace, The Ribbon Reel -Photo Inspiration* + Neutral Palette and Damask Pattern + lace/ribbons

Thanks for popping by today! Hugs and take care,

16 comments:

Kathy said...

What a beautiful card! This will definitely become a keepsake for the lucky couple who receives it!

sue said...

stunning card.
sue xx

KandA said...

Beautiful card. I love the image and all the details xx

Karola B said...

beautiful card!!!

Mojca said...

Waw such apretty and elegant card! hugs! mojca

Fabiola said...

trop trop mignon, superbement bien mis en valeur! biz

cuilliesocks said...

Well I think your colouring in is beautiful whatever your chosen medium. The card is gorgeous, kate x

Pauline said...

This is beautiful! Lovely colouring on this sweet couple!
Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

Pam D said...

Hi Lulia,
Just stopped in from Suzanne's site and saw your beautiful card and just wanted to say "hi" and congrats on being a GD with the CMC team and to comment on your mad skills in coloring and card making, WOW! You go girl!
Your little boy is also adorable, love those curls!(Mine are 20 & 22)
It's just amazes me how this thing called a blog can unite so many people all over the world in the craft of card making. Things that make you go hmmmm?!
Anyhoo, can't wait to see more cards coming from your part of the world.
Blessings!

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card love your whole card layout. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Oscar said...

Beautiful card, love the pretty colours and the stunning colouring on your image. Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight! x

Marianne Reijgersberg said...

Wow, what a beautiful card. You choosed perfect papers for an occasion like this.
The image is so beautiful colored.
Big hug Marianne

Pat said...

Congrats on being GDT! I've always loved these Tiddly Inks images...and you've definitely created some serious gorgeousness! This card is beyond stunning, my sweet friend! The flower arrangements are just delicious!! Hugs. Pat

Frouwke said...

Beautiful, heel knap gedaan!
grts
frouwke

Pat K said...

Gorgeous wedding card hun and congrats on you GDT spot. Thank you so much for the lovely comments left on my blog. I will be back again to see your fabulous work. hugs, Pat K.x

happyscrapper said...

This is stunning Julia. The flowers and cream colors are perfect.
Hugz,
Pixie Christine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...