Thursday 5 May 2011

Just for You, Birthday Boy!

Hi everyone,
I made a card yesterday and I thought I should share it with you before handling it to the addressee:) This time I didn't have in mind a particular challenge but a particular boy...lol... my brother in law who will be 35.
I think these Kenny K digis are just perfect for a not so serious, funny young man as he is. 
This card looks a bit girlie to me but since he loves all my cards I think he'll love it too:) I colored the skin with copics for a change and use darker colors as if to make her look tanned:)


 Recipe:
Stamp: Kenny K- Allura von D
Coloring media: Promarkers and copics for the skin (E35, R20,E00 E51), chalks acrylic silver paint, distress inks
Embellies: ribbon, buttons from the Ribbon Girl, metal corners from Wild Orchid Crafts, feathers from stash
DP: Cosmo Cricket- Snorkel- (I took it for 1 buck from Jessica Sprague-  they have 1 buck goodies every Wednesday:))
Dies: Magnolia Doohikeys- Tilda lace border and swirl die, Marianne Design circles dies, oval punch, scalloped oval nestie
Sentiments: Lili of the Valley

Challenges:
Pixie Cottage  Sketch* and/or masculine
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - One for the Boys
Cards For Men -  Circles
Crazy Challenge -  Cards for Men
House of Gilli - lots of layers and faux or real stitching
Stamp with Fun - Lace or Ribbon
Stamps R Us  Masculine
There's Magic in the Air -  Birthdays
Creative Inspirations - use a Digi.
Simply Create - Challenge #42: Time to rock the metal.



I hope you like my card!
Have a nice shiny day and thank you for coming!



Hugz,

22 comments:

cebelica said...

This is gorgeous!

chrissy xx said...

Fabulous! LOve your colours and image... Definitely a man card. He will LOve it.
Chrissyxx

Christina C. said...

Hi Hon! What young man wouldn't love to find this in his mailbox?????
Thanks for sharing this card...I think I will make this for my son..hahahaha
I lost all my digital stamps when my computer died a few weeks ago..sigh!

Marlies said...

What a gorgeous card you made again! What man wouldn't love this image!!
hugs, Marlies

Janine - Ellabella said...

Fabulous, really beautiful job. I adore your papers..and the all the details are wonderful.
Hugs Janine

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Great colors on your card!!! Wonderful of you to join us at Simply Create.

Diane
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/
Simply Create Design Team

Random Acts of Krafting said...

What a great card! Thank you for playing with Once Upon a Wednesday at The Pixie Cottage.
Hugs
Tanya

Sadilla said...

This is original and nice...
thanks for joining us at THE PIXIE COTTAGE
hugs
Sadia

Marianne Reijgersberg said...

Hi Iulia, What a great funny card is this. So different than we use to see, but so nice. Fabulous coloring and good matching papers.
The card with the cherry girl is also gorgeous.
Hugs Marianne

Sandy said...

Wow Iulia!! You are showing me a whole new side of you I did not know. Oh to be able to wear a thong and not feel like I have to constantly pull on my pants!! You are one wild and crazy woman!!!!
Sandy

Ann said...

Wonderful card; I'm sure he'll love it! Thanks so much for entering the House of Gilli challenge. :)

Patricia St Martin said...

WOW!!! We love seeing your creations. Thanks for playing with us at Cards for Men. Good luck on the challenge.
Hugs, Patricia

Dobra said...

Wow Beautiful card. Full of beauty and the colors just wonder

Anonymous said...

OOOH la la girl!! This is so stunning with your coloring and layout!! I love it!! Really gorgeous creation!! Thanks for sharing! *Vicki* from Stamped Smiles

Angela said...

va va voom! I'm sure he'll love it! :) (I've just cruised through your blog...love your work!) Definitely following!

Tracey T said...

I'm so pleased that you came to visit me, 'cos otherwise I might not have found your amazing blog. Your work is just stunning - fabulous colours and a style I really admire. Delighted to be a follower! Tracey x

coldwaters2 said...

WOW this is a stunning card what a beautiful, design and image thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Deb Mitchell said...

Ohhhhhhh Yummy scrummy Hun, this is gorgeous!!!! Stunning colours- You rocked this Kenny K image!!!!

Hugz, Deb

Kitty said...

Very Sexy!

Love this card it's really amazing love your fab colouring too, well jealous!

Thanks for joining us at CFM this week for our Circles challenge.

Kitty xx

Hristovica said...

Wow, very sexy card. Every man would like it. Thank you for participating in The Crazy Challenge last week. Hugs

Anne said...

A wonderful card for a boy! Love the colors ;) Thanks for playing with us at The Pixie Cottage!

Hugs, Anne

paige said...

Great card - he loved it, right? Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...