Sunday 22 May 2011

Distressed Flutterby Card

Hi everyone!I had a couple of spare hours today so I thought making a quick lil' distressed card for this week challenge at Digital Pencil Too. This is the first time I don't use stitching on my card. It's Sunday and I don't stitch on Sundays but I think it turned out just fine without especially since the theme is distressing. This time I chose a boy image called Flutterby; this lovely toddler here resembles  a bit my very much adored adorable son so I loved this image the moment I saw it while browsing through my older Mo Manning images. I even forgot about it. I used a lot of Diamond stickles and even though I took my picture in the sun it is much brighter and lovely in real life. Maybe I shall try taking better shots tomorrow.

Supplies:
Stamp: Mo Manning- Flutterby
Coloring medium: Promarkers
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Dies: Magnolia Doohickeys grass and dragonfly
Misc: ribbon from WOC, pearls, punched leaves, diamond stickles, DI (vintage photo, antique linen), ultrafine glitter

Challenges: 
Bronte and Bella's Challenge (Mo's Digital Pencil) -  Distressing.
 2 Sisters - Use A Digi
Crafty Emma -  Embellish It 
Little Claire's  -  Sparkle
Sugar Creek Hollow  -Masculine 
Crafty Catz -Anything goes.
CCEE Stampers -  Flowers.
Crafty Sentiments  Children's cards.
Paper Play - Sparkle galore.
Paper Pretties - Flowers 
Simon Says Stamp - Sparkle & Shine.
Sisterhood of Crafters -  Let it Shine
  
Hope you like it! Have a happy week and thank you so much for coming by! Your comments make my day!
Hugs,

32 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh this is wonderful! Your cards are always so bright and colorful and the image is colored so beautifully. Lovely entry for the Mo challenge this week Iulia!

heidy said...

Just wow beautiful Lulia!
Hugs Heidy

Darlene said...

What a BEAUTIFUL creation Julia! And your coloring is AMAZING!!

Thanks so much for joining our 'Let It Shine' challenge at THE SISTERHOOD! We hope you'll join us again next challenge!

Darlene
One of the 'Sistahs'

Manna said...

This is adorable!!
Really love your colors and coloring :)
Hugs, Minnamanna

Chrissy said...

Beautiful bright colours and perfect colouring.I love your distressing and all the details.
Luv CHRISSYxx

CraftyC said...

Totally gorgeous Lulia and so colourful. Thanks for taking part in this weeks CES Challenge!
Clairexx

Vicky said...

Simply stunning hun...

hugs Vicky xx

lindyloo said...

This is so pretty and fab colouring thanks for playing along with us at the crafty catz this week linda x

Christina C. said...

Ohhhhhhh, Iulia, this is absolutely adorable....sooo precious!!!! Love the design and your coloring, as always, is fabulous! You did an outstanding job distressing.... a totally extraordinary creation!

Sheila said...

WOW!! This is my first visit here and what have I been missing - lots and lots of fabulous cards! This one is stunning and simply perfect for a boy. Thank you for joining us at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days :)X

Louise said...

Wow, this card is so adorable!
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Little Claire's x

Anonymous said...

hi lulia!
i love it. so bright and fun. wonderful papers and all your embellies looks perfect, as always.
love how you have teared the edges aroud the image and the stickles is the iceing of the cake.hugs!

Karen said...

This is awesome! I love it! : )

Pat said...

Hi Iulia...another stunning creation, hon!! I love the bright colors...and your coloring is divine!! I was wondering if this little fella might look a little like your own little guy! So adorable!! I'm so tickled to see you again this week at Mo's!! Hugs. Pat

lalkygirl said...

what a fantasic card,stunning colouring and beautifully embellished,what a stunner,thanks for joining us at digi days and good luck
tracey x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Iulia, love the sweet image and stunning details.
luv
Debby

Dobra said...

I'm stunned by the beauty of your card
It presents so beautifully and wonderfully
and yet so admirably painted

sandra's crafty corner said...

WOWZERS this is just stunning, love the colours you have used as well,
thanks for sharing at cardmadfairy's digi days and good luck,

hugs sandra xxx

sandra's crafty corner said...

also forgot to say ive become a follower of yours now xxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your work is always so beautiful!

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card!! I love your bright colours and flowers and your colouring is as allways great!
hugs, Marlies

Marianne Reijgersberg said...

Wow, this is so beautiful. Love how you colored the grass and clouds. The image is adorable and I didn't miss the stitching. I just love this distressing of the paper.
Hugs Marianne

Dorcas said...

Hi Iulia! What can I say, this is awesomeness at its best. Just love love love your vibrant colors. Such a happy card. I’m so happy you were able to play with us this week at Mo’s.
Hugs,
Dorcas

carol said...

This is so pretty and adorable, great colours,thanks for sharing your creation with us at Crafty catz x carol

Elaine L. said...

What a wonderful card! I love the bright colors, and the butterfly paper and those flowers are just gorgeous! Glad you shared it with us in Mo's Challenge.

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous card and these embellishment is as beautiful :-)
Hugs,
Cabio

Cec said...

Fabulous card with such great vivid colours. Love the distressing and your fun layout. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Hugs!
Cec

Donna said...

Ooooh lovely creation Lulia and beautifully embellished! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at CES this week :) Donna x

karen said...

Stunning card, gorgeous colours and embellishments, thanks for joining CES this week, Karen GDT

Jac’s Playground said...

wow stunning card really beautiful, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week

Milliesmarvels said...

This is stunning! I love your style and all the bright colours! Thanks for joining us for the CES Challenge!
Jane
x

Sandy said...

Well it looks like I am gonna have to spend a least a day studying your cards -- I think I should come to your house and be your Nanny and then you can teach me how to make wonderful cards!
XO
Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...