Wednesday 25 May 2011

Guest Designer for 7 Kids College Fund

Hi  everyone!
Hope you are well and happy! Sorry for having been a stranger lately; I have had some busy weeks but hope to be back on track soon!
I've been invited to be the Guest Designer this week at 7 Kids College Fund, that's so sweet of you ladies! So this is the card I made on this special occasion. It has been a bit difficult to come up with a card following a sketch, I'm not good at that, although the sketch is fabulous:) So the theme for this week challenge is both a sketch and a beach theme, the latter being optional though. So I tried to follow the rules and came with this shaker card.
Shaker cards are so fun to make. One of these days I shall post a tutorial; just looking for some spare time:) Initially I had in mind adding sand in the inside but acetate and sand don't work well together and the sand blurs the image:(. So I went for some gold little bits and I like the result.

And a photo taken in the sun:)



This Sarah Kay image is one of my favorite ever and I really looked forward for a chance to ink it up again:) I used Rich Cocoa Memento ink for once; it just seemed to me more appropriate for this sea background. Those seashells came all the way from Punta Cana about  3 years ago...lol. I added some dimensional glaze and I just love the way they shine! The foam on the water is some white acrylic paint and Twinklets Diamond Dust. All the edges are distressed with vintage photo DI.

Supplies:
Stamp: Sarah Kay- A Kiss for Chloe
Coloring medium: Promarkers
Embellishments: seashells, ribbon from The Ribbon Girl, pearls from stash, sparkles, diamond, dust, glitter, raffia
Dies; Magnolia Doohikeys flowers, nestability scalopped ovals
Sentiment: Doodlebug

Challenges for my card:
ATC Challenges  - Beach or seaside and must be dimensional
I Did It Creations - Anything Goes 
Challenge Up Your Life - #44 Recycling (seashells)
Make it colorful -  Colour a Water Scene
Totally Gorjuss -  #81 Water or Anything Wet
Stamp Something - Something with beachy colours.
Some Odd Girl -  Make a scene.
Paper Shelter Challenge -  #14 Distress
Stampavie and More -  #142 Summer
 
Hope you like my card:) Have a happy day and thank you so much for coming by!

Hugs,



35 comments:

Crafterkhush said...

Awesome image Iulia and what coloring.. Superb.. Love it.. :-)

Maria said...

Absolutley stunning Iulia! Gorgeous colouring and yummy embellies. Hugs, Maria

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Iulia, just beautiful. I love the shells, and the scene inside is lovely.fabulous colouring.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Unknown said...

Hi Julia

This is such a stunning card, love all the detail and the image is perfect, unfortunately we are an ATC Challenge blog only, but please do come back if you make an ATC and show your wonderful work to us

Hugs
Judie xx

Dobra said...

A card very wonderful, sweet stamp
Very wonderfully painted

Karen said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! : )

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, love the scene you've created!
Helen x

Dorcas said...

Ooooh how goooorgeous! LOve the shell embellishments and sand shaker part. the ocean background is fab too. Really lovely card!

Dorcas said...

Oh! Thanks so much for playing with us at Mo’s Digital Pencil Challenge!

Karina said...

Gorgeous card Iulia. So colourful and fun... I really get in the mood for a holiday on the beach when I see your creation. Love all the beautifull embellies you used, and the shells are a perfect touch.
Hugs, Karina

Elly P said...

Gorgeous card Julia...they are always so colourful, and I love all your embellishments.
hugs
Elly P
x x

Marianne Reijgersberg said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous! You're a genious in making a scene. That Beach and the sea. That shaker sand is just beautiful and your seashells are a stunning touch. Love that idea.
And your image is adorable and colored amazing as always.
Big Hug Marianne

Marianne Reijgersberg said...

I just left your blog and went to mine. We were on te same time on eightothers blog. haha.
Thank you so much for your kind words. I admire the way you can comment. The language doesn't seem to be a problem for you.
I always love to read them. Sometimes I wish I could comment better in a foreign lanquage.
Hugs Marianne

gina g said...

Wow this is absolutely amazing beautiful work. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter for our challenge this week. luv gina xx

Anonymous said...

Nice and thanks!

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, gorgeous card Iulia and love the sweet image.
luv
debby

Christina C. said...

You are such a wonderful, creative artist! This shaker card is absolutely breathtaking, Iulia!
Love this adorable couple and all the fabulous details...the design is stunning!

Tracy said...

It's gorgeous Iulia! I've never tried a shaker card, but I love to work with microbeads so I'm sure it would be fun. Love the pop of red on there. Really makes the other colors come alive. Congratulations on your guest spot at 7 Kids! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet image!! I just used this one not too long ago too!! :) I love your shaker style with the beach theme here!! Such a lovely creation!
Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week ~Sr. DT member

Janine - Ellabella said...

This is just a fantastic card, sooooo GORGEOUS!!!

Valérie Goldenschue said...

fantastic card !

thanks for joining us at sam this week

Elena said...

OH MY GOD!! IT'S WONDERFUL!! I have no words, it's simply stunning!! I love every single detail, every single part of your card... It's really really REALLY beautiful!!

Hugs,
ELena

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi there . This card is adorable and I loved seeing it but we are an ATC challenge blog so this post will not be entered , sorry .But we would love it if you could create an ATC and enter that .

Marlies said...

Congrats on being GDT. You made a gorgeous shaker card with beautiful details and a lovely beach scene!
hugs, Marlies

Elena said...

I'm here again, just passed to say you that in my blog there is a new that could interested you.

Hugs,
Elena

Nicola said...

What an amazing and inspirational card, it's gorgeous and I love every bit of it! The colours scream summer, the image is coloured perfectly and it's wonderful to see so much texture!
Love Nicola xxx

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

It's so cute! What a lovely colours you have used…………… Thanks for joining at TPS this week......

Hugs
Judith

Robin McK said...

Hi Iulia!
This is so beautiful! Lovely colouring, and your layout rocks!
Thanks for contributing at Some Odd Girl!

Angie said...

Hi Iulia thanks for becomming a follower. I like to pop over to visit new friends blogs, wow your cards are amazing, love this shaker card, the image works really well with the beach theme, i have this stamp and i have never thought about putting a scene behind,fab idea.
Hugs Angie x

Kelly said...

What a cool card. You hit the beach theme perfectly. I love the sand and the shells on it. Your coloring is so pretty and fades into the DP behind your scene. This card is beautiful and I really love it. I love the ocean beach though.

Anonymous said...

Stunning ATC, image is just gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at ATC Challenge Blog xx

Julie said...

Gorgeous card Julia! I love how you gave the feeling of crashing waves on the sand.

Julie

Manuela said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Like the seashells, the look so pretty on your card! And the Sarah Kay image is one of my favourites too! Great job :)
Thanks for playing with us at Challenge up your life!

Caro said...

Hi Julia

This is a totally stunning card, love all the detail and the image is perfec. Unfortunately we are an ATC Challenge blog only so this cannot be entered into our p[rize draw, but please do come back if you make an ATC and show your wonderful work to us as this is stunning

caro
xx

Sandy said...

I can't believe I have missed this many of your wonderful creations - must be old age! So delightful - where does all the creativity come from oh most talented one!?!
XO
Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...