Saturday 7 May 2011

Christmas card!

Hi everyone!
I have a new Mo Manning image to share with you today! Starting with this week the challenges at Digital Pencil Too will be more special because a Guest Designer will be spotted on the 1st and 2nd Thursdays of each month! Isn't that awesome? I definitely couldn't miss this. Hope many of you will join the competition...the more, the merrier :)!!! If you are not convinced yet you should know that each GD will receive 4 free Mo Manning digi images of your choice besides the chance of joining a fabulous team! Well, I guess now there'll be plenty of competition...hehe!
The theme for this week is "Monochromatic", not exactly my cup of tea; if you browse through my blog you will know what I mean. I have never done this before but well, there's a first in everything.
I've seen people around making loads of Christmas cards and thought I should perhaps make one just for boosting the morale...lol. I'm pretty sure I will be late at making them this year too:)
I chose one of my favorite Christmas images ever- Boughs for the Wreath - and made a CAS for once:) Don't argue with me there, it has to be CAS considering the lack of embellies. I just thought it looked nice just the way it is. Still, there is a lot of glitter and stickles and Diamond Dust all over.


I haven't used Designer paper for this card but a sort of star veil or tulle I guess it is called, which looks much more beautiful in real life than in the picture. As for the red ribbon, well, if you know me, you should also know I simply had to add some color..lol.

Here's the recipe:
Stamp: Mo Manning- Boughs for the wreath
Coloring medium: Promarkers- ice greys, warm greys and black
Misc: veil/tulle, paper doily, charm from Bunny Zoe Crafts, metal corner from Wild Orchid Crafts , ribbon from The Ribbon Girl
Sentiment: Whimsy Stamps

Challenges:
Bronte and Bella's Challenge (Mo's Digital Pencil) - Challenge #81: Monochromatic.
 Inspire Me Fridays - Always anything goes
Stamp Something - Use a digi.
Your Next Stamp Challenge - use a charm
A Spoonful Of Sugar -  White + One Colour
Clear It Out! -  Ribbon/Trim
Pollycraft - Anything Goes
Christmas Card Challenges must be Christmas - Metal
Sweet Stampin - must Stamp - childhood memories
 
Wish you all a wonderful rest of the weekend and thank you so much for coming by!

Hugz,

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow so gorgeous!! I love the black and white concept and that bed of snow is awesome!! :) Wishing you a lovely weekend!! Thanks for sharing! *Vicki* from Stamped Smiles

Marianne Reijgersberg said...

This is JUST BEATIFUL! Love your combination of black and white.
Your layout with that doily is gorgeous. But your sentiment is so
good and true. And then the red and white bow lift up your card so well.
Hugs Marianne

Dorcas said...

Really lovely job Julia!
One thing: could you go back and edit your entry and put GD after your name? (otherwise it may get overlooked. I was like "oh! Julia doesn't want to try out for GD? Strange!") I'd hate for you to miss out. Beautiful work here, thanks so much for playing at Mo's!

Trina said...

This is stunning! You worked some serious mono magic! :)

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Iulia, sooooooo beautiful.
Wonderful monochromatic coloring and layout. Soooo precious. This corner is just WOW!!! and perfect brings such richness to your image. Gorgeous red bow, lovely accent.
A wowzer.
Hugs.

Rachel B said...

I love your black and white card and your bow is perfect for a splash of color! Thanks for playing along at Clear It Out.

Christina C. said...

Hi Hon! This just happens to be one of my favorite Christmas images and you did an incredible job showcasing this nostalgic pair!!!!!
Love the monochromatic look and the design is gorgeous.....fabulous bow!

Sandy said...

Oh sweet thing - first of all you have sold me an image - I love it. Secondly I think you are one of the most talented designers out there!
This truly is one gorgeous card Iulia. I adore it and I want to copy it - like right now!! The red gingham bow gives it a touch of whimsy to go with that sweet face looking back at us. Thanks for the heads up my friend!!!!!
XO Sandy

Pat said...

Iulia...what a stunning creation, darlin'!! How absolutely fabulous! I love your shades of black/gray...and I love, love, LOVE the pop of red in your ribbon!! I'm so happy to see that you've decided to join us this week at Mo's! Sending hugs your way! Pat

Fiona said...

what a stunning card...gorgeous image!! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Fi
x

Judi said...

FANTASTIC card! Love the image, colours - EVERYTHING!

Judi x

Chrissy said...

So beautiful. What a gorgeous image.Love the CAS of this card, with the splash of red. Gorgeous.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Janine - Ellabella said...

You've done it again, luv! You've created a gorgeous and entirely unique card! I

Elise said...

wow! This is simply STUNNING! I love your colouring .. and those footprints in the snow are perfect! GORGEOUS creation!

Hugs,
Elise

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful. Your coloring is wonderful. I love the image you chose. Thanks for joining us at Mo's.

Deb Mitchell said...

Ohhhh hun, this is amazing- what a beautiful & stunning card, your colouring never ceases to amaze me!!!

Hugz, Deb

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, adorable Christmas card.
luv
Debby

Marlies said...

Your monochrome card is realy gorgeous, it does work for you and the red bow makes it realy outstanding! Lovely card!!
Hugs, Marlies

Zoe said...

Hi Julia, this is a gorgeous card, I love the monochrome colour. The challenge at Sweet Stampin this week is 'childhood memories' (not try something new, if you just alter this, your card is perfect for this weeks topic) Thanks for joining us Sweet Stampin x

Dobra said...

Beautiful card have done it perfectly
I like very much admire your work

Debbie said...

A Stunning Christmas Monochrome card Iulia, love it. Thankyou for joining in at Sweet Stampin this week, good luck. Debbiexx

Debbie said...

This is stunning!!! and your first stab at monochromatic, not my favorite either, but i must say, you rocked it!!! Loved it on Facebook and love it here as well. good luck on the guest designer call.

Hugs
Debbie

An Occasional Genius said...

Well, I read your first few words where you said monochromatic wasn't your thing & I didn't know what to expect.....talk about blown away! Your monochromatic is stunning, truly lovely & well done for getting started on the Christmas Cards. Thanks so much for playing along at Sweet Stampin x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, perfect monochrome and love the layout!
Helen x

xxxtglxxx said...

Your comment did make me smile - 'monochromatic not quite my style!' :) lol.

You have done a wonderful job on this Iulia, I love monochrome and this is so effective. Great colouring and gorgeous touches.

I love the red gingham bow too!

hugs

xxalisonxx

xxxtglxxx said...

Your comment did make me smile - 'monochromatic not quite my style!' :) lol.

You have done a wonderful job on this Iulia, I love monochrome and this is so effective. Great colouring and gorgeous touches.

I love the red gingham bow too!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Unknown said...

such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out

DG said...

This is just beautiful. I love the Black and White coloring and I love how you layered your ribbon. Thank you for joining us for the Your Next Stamp Challenge this week,

Diana
YNS DT Member

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such gorgeous creations here. Your flowers, lace and everything in all your cards is amazing.
Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
ENT Surgeon and Avid Crafter
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I am speechless - this project creation is sooooo beautiful, Iulia! wendy xx

Sandy said...

As I gaze at your body of work - I still am wowed by this card!!
Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...