Thursday 1 November 2012

Baby Christening Box/Card


Hi there sweet peeps! I only realize how quickly time flies when we're having a new challenge at Mo's Digital Pencil Too:). So, it's Thursday and  our monthly


challenge, perfect occasion to play with your Mo images without restraint!

I made a Christening box, this one was a request, gotta tell you I love the way it turned out so I might have to make something similar in the future:



I printed the images on 300 gr heavy cardstock and adhered them to another sheet of heavy cardstock before cutting them off. Thus,, they are really sturdy. I always add lots of cardstock in my layering, I don't want them to bend or anything, I think they'll also have to stand the test of time.
The Cherry Lynn heart die is placed between two acetate sheets then sewn to the card. I thought a picture of the baby would look nice beneath it. The images are all part of a set called Diaper Crew, I think they are all so sweet and funny. 


There's a dummy attached to the ribbon but since it's blue one can hardly notice it:) The woodenm elements are all from a set I found at my local store. I think cream works beautifully with blue.

Supplies:
Images: Mo Manning- Diaper Crew
DP: The Paper Shelter- Love and Letter- digital
Coloring medium: copics,promarkers
Embellishments: dummy and wooden elements from local store- I think - Cart Us; ribbon, sparkiling rhinestone and flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, flowers from IAM Roses
Die-cuts: Cheery Lynn-Heart to heart die, 
Sentiment: computer generated- says: "Congratulations! Your baby boy was born! Be prepared for a love greater than life!" I just love this sentiment, so very true...

Here's a detail:



I would like to enter my box in the following challenges:
House That Stamps Built - Anything but a card, Bearly Mine - Flowers Galore, Creative Card Crew - Fancy Folds, Creative Craft Challenges -Special Occasion NOT Birthday , Die Cuttin' Divas - Anything Goes, Card Mania - Baby , Craft My Life - "Show what can you create",  Paper Shelter Challenge - anything goes
,  

Hope you could find some inspiration in my Christening box,:), look forward to see what you will prepare for us this week! Don't forget, Mo has a 5$ gift to her store for every 25 entries! Wooohooo! So, what are you waiting for?:)



Thank you so much for your lovely words! Your feedback means the world to me!
Hugs,

23 comments:

Ankie vd Polder said...

Hi Julia, this is a great job you've done. It's realy gorgeous. Hugs, Ankie

Colinda said...

So cute!! Love the box card, the heart and those cute little baby's!
Have a nice day, Colinda

Anja said...

Awww Iulia, it's truly a masterpiece and the babys are soo cute! Love everything about it. Your colouring and design work are amazing as always, hun!

Hugs, Anja

Unknown said...

Wow this is a stunning creation and I luv the babies they are so adorable, a beautiful design.
Chris x

Carla S. said...

This is an amazing work of art, Iulia! A gorgeous and creative design! I love the images and allthe wonderful details!

Tracy said...

This is so beautiful Iulia. The construction is awesome and I love how you used the different poses for the baby. Somebody is going to love this. :-) Hugs!

Elle said...

Wow, look at all that detail. Great card. Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew.

Hugs
Elle

Donna said...

Such a beautiful card Julia, love the colors,images and with it being an easel style drawer box card, even better. Thanks for sharing it with us at Bearly Mine Challenges.
hugs
Donna xx

Eileen said...

This is totally STUNNING. Great baby image and love what you have created with it. Amazing work.
Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Shelter 'Anything goes' challenge, and good luck
Eileen x

Anne said...

This is just gorgeous, what a lovely idea ...and those images are adorable x

Sandra said...

This is fabulous. Such cute babies.

Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft Challenges

SandraT DT

Shari said...

Stunning, stunning, stunning - words cannot express how gorgeous this beauty is!!! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Shelter.

Sue said...

Oh my, this is stunning. I love those cute baby images and the design with all your gorgeous detailing is beautiful.

Thank you for taking part in the Card Mania Challenge

Sue

Pat said...

Oh my goodness! This is beyond fabulous!!! I just love the cute little box...and how fun that you added three Mo images...beautifully colored, as always! I love those DPs...and would never have thought to use them for a baby project...but they're perfect! This entire project is perfect! I love it bunches! Hugs. Pat Frank

Debbie said...

So pretty Iulia, I don't know where to begin to say much your creativity inspires me. Will have to try and make one of these myself for the next baby basket.

Hugs
Debbie

Unknown said...

Wow! Fantastic gift! Great idea to turn it into a photo frame!

Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew challenge!

Sheena
xxx

Inkypinkydelights said...

This is gorgeous, and very special! Judy x

Ani said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along at CCC! Ani

Angélique said...

Ohhhh so cute. How the baby sits on the letters :) Thanks for sharing this at The Paper Shelter challenge.
Angelique

sparklingblackrose said...

Wow Julia, this is absolutely incredible! :-) I would love to feature your creation on my blog, will return when I post it :-) Hope to see you enter my All Crafts Challenge again soon, I love your work :-) Elaine-xxx-

Kim Bell said...


Just stunning! Love the box so creative!! Love the details as well. Your coloring is just beautiful.

Hugz
Kim

Franz♥ said...

Hi Iulia, your creations are always stunning, i can't find new words to tell you how much i love your works, hun!

Fab heart die cut, i've never seen it... :)

Hugs, Franz.

Kathleen said...

This is gorgeous, such a special gift for a special baby.
Hugs
Kat xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...