Thursday 30 June 2011

LOTV Wedding Box

Hi everyone! This is my 2nd week as guest designer for Lili of the Valley Challenges! I really wanted to make something special on this special occasion:) This week's challenge theme being "Celebrations"  I thought of an exploding wedding box which looks quite spectacular IRL. It's one of those rare projects  I'm really satisfied with:)

 I chose one of the most beautiful ever wedding stamps called  Mr and Mrs and lots of  these gorgeous digital Blessings Papers from Rosey Posey Studios. Love them! Luckily for me they are digital so they never end:)).
The box is made of cardboard- yes, I have a very good guillotine:), then acrylic paint was applied on and the panels which were attached after being distressed, inked, sewn and glittered. The box is a cube ( 5 inches per side) and the cake inside is 4 inches tall- 2 inches tall each layer. That's in case someone would like to try this out:) And just a small tip; when you design the lid, make sure you make it slightly bigger- say 5.1 inches to make sure it fits the box:)


I used various die cuts to make some picture frames; I also added acetate underneath and lots of Wild Orchid Crafts flowers to embellish them.

Here are some close-ups:

The stamped image is actually the lid of the cake/box.  chose to make it also useful:) The bride's dress is ribbon-pieced (no idea if that term exists...lol). I loved the way this glittered ribbon looked like so I thought I could glue it on the dress. I added lots of pearls and stickles for a more spectacular effect.

And one of the picture frames:


Recipe:
Coloring medium: Promarkers
DP Rosey Posey Studios- Blessings Papers
Embellishments: flowers and lace from WOC and Kort and Godt,
ribbon from the Ribbon Girl
Sentiments; Photoshop
Dies: nestabilities, Cheery Lynn doilies

And a few challenges:
Shabby Tea Room -My favourite things 
One Stitch At A Time - Wedding or Sympathy
Our Creative Corner -  Your Style 
Totally Gorjuss -  Ribbons & Lace
Crafty Creations - sparkly
Crafty Emma -  Anything But Square
Crafts and Me - stitches
Divas by Design -anything but a card (2nd wk)
     
I hope you like my box here or maybe inspired you a bit:) I would love to know what you think:)
Before you go,don't forget to chack on the gorgeous creations the LOTV DT members came up with this week. They are always so inspiring and beautiful!


Hugs,

42 comments:

Chrissy said...

I'm sitting here wondering how to even start to tell you that this is the most amazing creation I think, I have ever seen.Absolutely beautiful....I could even go out and find a man to marry me, just to get this for my wedding.lol..
Stunning Iulia.Now thats going out in style.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Marianne Reijgersberg said...

I'm speechless, this is breathtaking!! I scrolled several times up and down your page to see an look again and again. So romantic decorated. I wished I was the bride to whom you send this to.
But I'm married for 32 years so this isn't ment for me. This is art and schould be schown in a museum.
Hugs Marianne

Margo said...

Wow Iulia !
It's just breath-taking !
I love all the details and the flowers and butterflies, it's just amazing !
Greetz
Margo

CraftyC said...

Oh my, you've done yourself proud with this stunning project. Were so glad to have you with us at LOTV and thanks for taking part in this weeks CES Challenge!
Clairexx

Wilma said...

Sooooooo very BEAUTIFUL. This Exploding BOX is a really GREAT and STUNNING project.
Hugs Wilma

Dena said...

Wow, wow!! You're killing me! These projects are so pretty and detailed!!! LOVE the cake in the middle and those papers are simply gorgeous!!! You Rock!!!
Hugs, Dena

Dorcas said...

O-M-Goodness! How stinkin gorgeous is this!!!!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

This is so beautiful! I am so inspired to create something like this for my friend who is a wedding planner! Your work is amazing!

Wishing you a great day!

Barbara Diane

Danielle Champagne said...

WOW Iulia, this is Stunning! Wonderful keepsake for the happy couple.
Hugs.

Sharon said...

This is absolutely stunning. You take my breath away with these awesome creations. Fabulous work. hugs Sharon

Nikki Byrne said...

So beautiful! The whole concept is just stunning. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. Nikki DT

Anonymous said...

I can't even believe how much work that you have in this gorgeous box and how completely stunning it is!!!! WOW Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful creation this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

Rach said...

oh wow!!!!!
this is just stunning, what an amazing creation. Stunning. hugs rachxx

Sue said...

Hi ya
oh wow what an awesome creation, beautiful detail,thank you for joining us at CES this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Love crafts forever said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!! Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT. Hugs Nataliya.

Elaine L. said...

All I can say is "WOW"...this is gorgeous, Iulia!

Nicola said...

Stunning creation, I haven't seen anything like it before, it's so beautiful! Have been meaning to make an exploding box for a while but I could never do anything this good!
Your such an inspiration, really love your work
Love Nicola xxx

Suzilou said...

Oh my gosh, how STUNNING is this! I love LOTV stamps (but only have a few) and don't normally look at the challenge blog but boy am I glad I did. Have got a wedding coming up of a very dear friend and have been looking for inspiration for a while now and I think I have just found it!!

Have had a look around the rest of your blog and WOW I love your cards, love the vibrant colours you use, am going to have to follow you :)

Julie said...

Wow! what a gorgeous project.

coops said...

oh my word.i am actually speechless iulia.this is absolutely amazing.so many fantastic beautiful details.i love it :D

xx coops xx

Rachel F said...

WOW! Stunning thanks so much for sharing!

Sandy said...

This is very, very special my most talented friend!!
Love,
sandy

Ellibelle said...

Wow!!! Absolutely amazing!! Love love love the colors and all the beautiful embellishments!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous keepsake wedding box!! This is just gorgeous and I'm sure it will be cherished!
smiles,Deena

Anonymous said...

Fabulous keepsake wedding box!! This is just gorgeous and I'm sure it will be cherished!
smiles,Deena

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW what an amazing, stunning creation.
luv
Debby

Mau xx said...

This is totally Amazing Iulia, You give such wonderful inspiration. This is so beautiful, I think LOTV should keep you on the DT for good.
Stunning Creation xx Mau

Wenda said...

Wow absolutely wonderful, thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week.

Hugs Wenda

Marjorie said...

Wow!! honey, this is absolutly stunning, Your work is amazing!! Just love everything about it, Beautiful!!
Have a lovely evening,
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Tracy said...

Good grief! This is amazing Iulia! I didn't realize from the first photo that the center was a tiered cake. By the second photo I was drooling. Words escape me! Hugs!

Bettina L. said...

What an awsome wedding explotion box:) absolutly stunning. I'm completely speechless;) Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss this week. Hope to see you again on saturday. Bettina

dj1952 said...

Your card is absolutely priceless. I'm sure whomever you give to, they will be in awe of your wonderful work. I've already had it in mind to do one for my best friend next June when she and hubby celebrate their 50th anniversary. Hugs, dj1952

Anonymous said...

OMG! Wow! Stunning! Can't actually find a word to describe this amazing creation! You are one truly talented lady!
Helen x

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Stunning!
Hugs Julie P

Maria said...

WOW!!! A fabulous creation!!!

Teresa said...

This is fantastic, how clever are you anyone would be over the moon to receive this creation.
thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me this week.
Teresa x

Dianne H said...

Absolutely amazing. Love it all. So special.

Cindy said...

What a beautiful project. All the detail is amazing. Congrats over at TSTR winner. Great job.
Cindy
nindys-blog.blogspot.com

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

Your wedding recipients are going to love this and cherish it forever, so the box base is cardboard but what material was used for the round sides of the cake I'm wondering? Anyway, thank you for landing on my comment number over at Diva's by Design with this project, If it were up to me you would win, but good luck and come back again so I can learn more lol!
Hugs
Tammy Louise

Kristin said...

You know...you make it hard to comment when your creations make me SPEECHLESS!!! I mean....wow!!!! Sorry it took me so long to comment, I've been having major problems with Blogger...Thanks for playing with us at the OCC!

{ Scrappiness } said...

Just AWSOME, this is lovely!!
Thanks for playing with us at Easy Craft Projects!!
Lots of kisses!!

Alyna said...

i dont know where to start, beautiful seems like a very small world
its so different
unique
beautiful
gorgeous
adorable and a dozen other words of praise that are comming to my mind.
u sure are a talented crafter :).
hugs
Alyna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...