Thursday 21 March 2013

Mo's DP2- For the Women in our lives

Hi there sweet peeps! It's time for a new challenge over at
and my turn to host. I chose as theme "for the women in our lives" although "Women's Day" was two weeks ago I'm sure there are many girls/women in our lives to be celebrated every day. I made this card for my lil sister's birthday. I'm pretty sure she will peek, still it'll be a surprise because this card looks more beautiful in flesh:):


I prefer humorous cards for birthdays; thus they are always remembered; I used this lovely set Bethy's Wagon to put this scene together. You can find it in Mo's store here. There are plenty of combinations and works on nearly every occasion with all the accessories this set includes. 
My sister and I use to speak English now and then just for fun, hence the sentiment below which I think works just perfect in our case:)

I did some quilling for this one. My sister loves to quill, it's one of her recent passions; I used to quill in the past but i got lazy and prefered to buy my flowers. Quilling takes lots of time and patience; but it's great for relaxation. The flowers in the lower right corner are called fringed flowers and made them with a special cutter and the others are also made with a quilling tool.



Card recipe:
Image: Mo Manning- Bethy's Wagon
DP: Samantha Walker- Rosie Collection
Coloring medium: promarkers
Embellishments: quilled flowers and leaves, pearls from Bunny Zoe's, ribbon, lace/Ribbon Girl, doily, pin/WOC
Die-cuts: Marianne Design- heart dies,  Whimsy pennants dies, punched butterflies
Sentiment: computer generated (in case you need it, you can save it from below)



This is my card for today's challenge at Mo's Digital Pencil Too. Hope these spring fresh colors will inspire you a bit. I've had enough of winter so far, hope to see these colors in the nature very soon:)

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Whimsy Inspiration -Stitching, Bearly Mine Anything Goes, Crafty Sentiments Flowers Galore, Cuttin & Stampin Challenges  Pink Blue Green & Yellow, Going Grey With Scrap-Creations - Favourite Embellishment (flowers), Fashionista Challenge- Make it PinkBunny Zoe's Crafts -Girly, Crafty Bloggers Network -Spring or Pastels, The Shabby Tea Room - Anything Goes, Kenny K`s Krafty Krew -One for the Girls 

Please take a moment to pay a visit to my colleagues' individual blogs starting from the challenge blog here. Their creations are nothing short of magnificent. Then we look forward to see your own card/project following this week theme and with a Mo image on, of course; add it to the Mr. Linky in the challenge blog and you may be the lucky winner of a 5 $ shopping spree at Mo's store.

Thank you all for your visit! Have a wonderful rest of the week!
Hugs,

28 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Iulia, yet another stunning creation - I love it.
Hugs
Jane

Christina C. said...

Such a magnificent creation, Iulia!
Love the sweet scene and the humorous sentiment!Outstanding coloring and I love the beautiful flowers you created!

Alina said...

superba, Iulia!!!!!!

Martina said...

Iulia, this is again such a gorgeous card!! Your sister will be over the moon! Beautiful! But hey girl...I just finisged a Boy card with Mo Manning stamp and hoped to join the Challenge this week...ehm...so it does not suits at all...sob, sob! Anyway, I still have some more digis to use ;)
Hugs,
Martina

DebraK said...

Beautiful colors, I love the quilling and the fringe flowers--very inspirational. The banner is perfect, and your coloring is awesome!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

awhhh... Iulia.. your card is sooo cute. what lovely details you always find to add. Its just lovely.

Thank you also for sharing the wonderful sentiment.
i like this one a lot
hugs
Claudia

Karola B said...

beautiful card

Jeni said...

This is a stunning creation Iulia!! Your quilled flowers are just wonderful. ~jeni :)

Anonymous said...

A stunning creation, so colourful and so much detail!
Helen x

Debbie said...

Yes, I love the Spring colors and just to let you know it's snowing as we speak and yesterday was the first day of Spring... But this card is spectacular. Those flowers that you made are just GORGEOUS!!! Your sister is going to just LOVE this!!! if not I can always be your big sister and you can send it to me...

Hugs
Debbie

Charlene said...

Beautiful card. So much detail, everything is wonderful on it. Great layout. Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation on the Whimsy Challenge blog this month.

Regina said...

Iulia!!! I always love your creations and today isn´t different!! Every single detail is absolutely amazing and those quilling flowers are wonderful. I also love to do them on my cards!! (LOL)
Have a marvellous weekend!

Cathryn said...

Iulia, this is so adorable, love all the beautiful details you have created with the quilling and banners and your gorgeous coloring of course. Love it!!!

Dianne said...

STUNNING Iulia, looove the quilling, gorgeous flowers, the whole party scene is fantastic, I looooove ti:):) thanks for sharing and have a lovely day...

Unknown said...

Wow this is super awesome, I love your card, image, colours, flowers, quilling!!! It's beautiful and nice sentiment too :) Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck xxx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful card, beautiful colour's and love the image thank you for joining us this week at Bearly Mine Challenges
Hugs Dianne xx

Cards By MI said...

A fantastic card! Love everything about it. The colours, your stunning flowers are to die for, and the fun image, a perfect card. You're sister must love it. Thanks for playing with us over at BMC this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Purplecat 64 said...

Wow
This is such a lovely card,
loving your fresh cheerful colours,
simply stunning,
hugs,
Heather & Bronwyn x x

Fabiola said...

pleine de joie et de fun, elle est super chouette, biz

Teresa said...

WOW! First time at your blog...love your creation...and love the sister quote...I only have one so that would be perfect for her! Thanks for sharing over at Cuttin and Stampin.

Teresa R.
DT~Cuttin and Stampin

Dawid Trzepizor said...

Awesome card. Thanks for playing with us ob Kenny K's Krafty Krew this week.

Livert said...

Wow. Love your card.
Thanks for joining us at Kenny K`s Krafty Krew challenge blog.

Liv (DT)

Tracy said...

My daughter did a bit of quilling for a while, but I don't think she had the patience for the time it took. It's an amazing art form and really adds a lot to your card which is already super fun and girly. Gorgeous creation Iulia! Hugs!

Diane said...

Just WOW Iulia !! What a beautiful and stunning card !! Love all those quilled flowers and the colours and image are just fab !! Thanks so much for playing at Crafty Sentiments this week !!

hugs Diane xx

Laney said...

Fabulous card!! I'm sure your sister will love and cherish it!thanks for joining us at BMC
hugs
laney

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

So cute, I love everything about this card! Those flowers are awesome and such fun, lively colors. Thanks so much for playing at Crafty Sentiments this week:)

Kim Bell said...

Sweetie
I just love this image AWESOME. I just had to check out this one. It is a must have. Love your coloring and the layout. Amazing.

Hugz
Kim

Anja said...

Sorry for being late in commenting, hun! I was a little unwell the past few days...
Your card is absolutely breathtaking, girl! Apart from the always stunning colouring I can't take my eyes off these millions of quilled flowers....

Big hug, Anja

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...