Thursday 1 September 2011

Happy, happy, happy...


Hi everyone! It's been a week already since I last posted; yes, I guess that makes me a lazy crafter:(. I had a couple of cards in mind but then I thought spending more outdoor time and less computer and indoor time and I've really enjoyed that. 
It's time for another challenge at Digital Pencil Too and this time I'm the hostess. I chose my challenge themes way ago and tried to keep them simple and approachable. So this week, we have a sketch for you to play with:):


Feel free to interpret it as you wish, just keep in mind the main elements. This is my card:



 And a close-up:
I was looking forward to coloring this gorgeous image by Mo Manning called "Peaches" and was afraid summer ended off before I made a card with this cutie here. Well, I made it...lol! I even took the time to make a paper rose- the big orange one- and, all in all, I really loved making this card. Happy cards are always a joy to make:)
Recipe:
Coloring medium: copics, promarkers, chalks and DI
Embellishments: handmade rose, WOC flowers, ribbons and pins from The Ribbon Girl, WOC metal corner, Martha Stewart butterfly punch with a thik coat of Glamour Dust:), lots of stickles
Sentiment: quote by Mark Twain- freebie from here

Hope many of you will join us for the sketch challenge. What could be easier than pulling out a Mo image (no restrictions here, and God knows there are soooo many to choose from:)) and follow a simple sketch? Look forward to  admire your beautiful creations! Don't forget to go and check the beautiful work of my DT fellows and leave them some love. They've worked hard over the summer for us to provide inspiration despite the vicissitudes, Irene and hurricanes, I'm really proud of them all!

Thank you all so much for coming by today! Wish all the best and quick recovery   to all of you who were hit by Irene last week, you were all in my thoughts and prayers!
Hugs,

26 comments:

Berry said...

Just stunning Iulia I love your colouring so much! Hugs Rebekah xx

heidy said...

Fabolous as always Lulia!
Hugs Heidy

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Iulia,
What a wonderful sketch and an absolute stunner of a card and it made me smile, so is certainly a very happy one too!...fab colouring as always, Hugs, Teresa x

Catherine said...

Another fantastic card Iulia ! I love those colours ! Gorgeous embellies as always and I love the sentiment : so sweet ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Shannon said...

Hi Iulia,
I love the colors. Your cards are always to bold, bright and beautiful. I always love looking at your new creations. The bright colors are always so cheerful.
Hugz, Shannon

Dorcas said...

Oh she's LOVELY, Iulia!!

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Iulia, OH! your card makes me happy too! I just love the combination of turquoise and orange, soooooo rich and very happy colors. Your image is precious, very lovely colored. love the glitter treatment to your fowers, the lovely corner and the gorgeous butterfly! Adorable.

Sheila said...

Iulia, she is utterly adorable!!, I really enjoyed using your fabulous sketch for this week hun.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Marianne Reijgersberg said...

This is so cute. Love your colorcombination. You have colored this sweetie so beautiful! The decoration is gorgeous. Hope you are a bit used to bring your little one in kindergarten. I read that you spend a lot of time outside. Good for you. enjoy it. Crafting time will come when the summer is away and fall and winter are already knocking on doors.
Hugs Marianne

Cathy said...

Iulia, your card is beautiful as always. Love the colors and all the beautiful embellishments. Wonderful sketch for us to follow :)

coops said...

stunning card iulia.the image is gorgeous and i love the fab colours and design :D

xx coops xx

Vicky said...

Such a beautiful card Iulia...

big hugs Vicky xx

Debbie said...

OMG!!! WHat a fantastic sketch you created for us to follow... I can see me using this again and again..As for your card.. well, you out do yourself each and every week. Love the colors

Hugs

Debbie

Elaine L. said...

Gorgeous, as usual, Iulia! I can't get enough of your vibrant colors! I loved this sketch, too!

Pat said...

Oh Iulia!!! I love, love, LOVE this card, m'dear!! Your designwork and coloring are pure perfection!! The bright colors are just stunning! The flowers...pins...glitz...gold corner...and sentiment! All fabulous...I can't take my eyes off this little masterpiece!! And...what a fun sketch for us...whoohoo! Big hugs, sweet friend! Pat

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW Iulia what a stunning card, absolutely love it.
luv
Debby

Johanna said...

Hi!

What a beautiful card! Love the colors!

Hugs Johanna

♥Gry said...

Hi!
OMG.......I'm speechless....
Sooo cute<3

Have a nice weekend!

Hugs, Gry

Tracy said...

This is really one of the most beautiful cards I've seen you make. Love the vibrant colors and that sketch is amazing. I'm going to play if I can squeeze it in. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word Iulia!! This is just gorgeous!!! :) Love the colors, design and such a sweet image here!! :) Enjoy your weekend sweetie!!

Anonymous said...

Simply Stunning!
Helen x

Sharon said...

Oh wow, this is absolutely stunningIulia. Just love your colouring and the whole design of this card. Gorgeous embellishments. hugs Sharon x

Elena said...

Such a gorgeous card, sooo stunning. Love the vibrant colors you used!

LG Elena

Sandy said...

Hey Sweet Pea! Sorry it takes a while for me to get here!! Like you, I prefer to spend my time outside. As usual, you have created a beautiful card lulia. The sketch is wonderful. This little girl looks to me, like you would have looked like as a child. Big smile on my face here!
XO
Sandy

Sylvia said...

Hi Iulia, it's been a long time ago that i have visited your blog. So i have viewed al your creations you have made the last few weeks(maybe months)and they are so beautiful, so colorful. I love each one of them. They are gorgeous.
xxxSylvia

Kathlene said...

Your card is beyond happy, Iulia...it is ECSTATIC! I don't think I've ever seen coloring technique mastered as beautifully as yours. Love the bright beautiful colors and the sweet image. Thanks for sharing your incredible talent! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...