Friday 19 August 2011

Just Magnolia GD card


Hi dear all! I'm back again to show you my 3rd  paper project I made for Just Magnolia as Guest Designer. Claudia prepared for us a themed challenge- use a quirk or funny sentiment. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but somehow I couldn't find a funny Magnolia in my stash...lol. So I went for this Strawberry Yummy Tilda I have been dying to color for some time and for a more unusual sentiment, something I don't normally use.
So, here's my card:


I really enjoy making shaker cards- love the dimension on them and the fact that I can add many kinds of little stuff in the inside to make it special.
I paper-pieced Tilda's dress and added some sort of flowersoft in the inside.

Recipe:
Stamp: Magnolia- Strawberry Yummy Tilda- (Sweet Rainbow collection)
Medium: copics and Promarkers
DP:K&Company- Sweet Nectar, Cosmo Cricket digital, MME for the dress
Embellies: Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, metal corners, lace and garland; charm from Bunny Zoe;
Misc: distress inks, Flowersoft, scalopped ovals nesties
Sentiment: internet- computer generated

Hope you like my little card; it was a quick one as my house is upside down these days- we are kind of redecorating (meaning we move the furniture from one room to another...lol), so no time for crafting and my stuff seems to be nowhere and everywhere...lol.
Thanks for coming by today, please take a "me time" and enter our challenge at Just Magnolia and Hanglar& Stanglar- I'm really anxious to see what you guys come up with- I've been racking my brain for this one but I guess I haven't been in a very creative mood lately.
Thanks for coming by today!
Wish you all a happy weekend!
Hugs,

30 comments:

Sandy said...

gorgeous! Love that lace - and I have always loved shaker cards! The next time I see a bird I will ask him how that cherry tastes. I do have a bowl full in my refrigerator!
Sandy (cherries not birds)

Christina C. said...

GASP!!!!!!!!!! Iulia....this is an extraordinarily gorgeous creation!
Takes my breath away!!!!!!!!!!
GORGEOUS card, breathtaking details and I love, love that wonderful sentiment!

Karen said...

So very, very beautiful!!! Stunning work! : )

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Iulia!
I love all the bright colors on this card. super shaker card. I love her dress and your coloring is fabulous. I love the strawberry DP.
Hugs Maz

Paula said...

oh my, this card is absolutely stunning!! I don't even know where to begin....it's all so gorgeous!!! The paper, the image, the shaker...all of it!!! great work :)

Panagiota said...

Fantastic!!!!!!Beautiful work!

Peggie said...

Super lovely! Great idea using that grass for the shaker. I even have some of it. May have to try it.

Unknown said...

This card is stunning. I think is so very elegant.
Francy

Sudha said...

Sweet gorgeous creation dear. So cheery. I luv it.

Marianne Reijgersberg said...

OMG if this is what you can make in a noncreative mood, what can we expect than if you are in a creative mood?
It's stunning. Love your shakercards. And the way you make her dress is so sweet.
I hope your redecorating goes well and gives you a lot of new inspiration.
Hugs Marianne

♥Gry said...

Hi!
So very creative and fabulous. Love all the little extras, and all together they are stunning. ♥♥♥

Hugs, Gry

Catherine said...

This is such a beautiful card Iula ! Love the colours and the sentiment is lovely ! Hugs x

Barb Hardeman said...

This is all around gorgeous! The paper pieced dress, the beautiful coloring, the delightful shaker bits and the wonderful embellies - just all of it is fabulous! Great sentiment to go with this cutie!
Hugs,
Barb

Berry said...

This is so wonderful beautifully coloured as always hugs Rebekah xx

coops said...

fantastic card iulia.your colour combo is stunning and i love the fab image and design :D

xx coops xx

Rene said...

This is just fabulous!!! Love your coloring, your colors, your layout, your sentiment...love EVERYTHING about it!
Rene :D

Karen said...

Gorgeous card!

Unknown said...

Wow just Fabulous!!!! The colors are gorgeous!!!!! Excellent work again !!!!!!

Rosie said...

Oh my word, absolutely AMAZING!! I love everything about it, especially the shaker part of it!! I keep staring at it and finding more stunning details. Hugs, Rosie

Chris said...

Oh my goodness, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the paper piecing and the shaker bits.

Cami said...

GORGEOUS card Iulia! I love shaker cards and you have created a wonderful scene in it. ALL the embellies on your card are beautiful and well placed. Your coloring is always so beautiful! This is a delightfully, pretty card!
Hugs, Cami

Jean said...

Dear Iulia, this little card is so very sweet and charming.. I adore your quirkie quote and your gorgeous layout.. I too love the shaker boxes and you did an outstanding job on yours as you did with your flowers and corners and lace.. LOVE your dress layover just so pleasing to the eye and love your pp.. A wonderful card..
Hugs, Jean

Danielle Champagne said...

Iulia, this is just tooo beautiful. Strawberry Tilda is dear to my heart, you colored her wonderfully, her paper pieced dress is just increadibly beautiful. The paper is perfect, the colors are happy and bright, the sentiment is sooo precious, I love it all.
Have a lovely weekend.

Marlies said...

Wauw what a gorgeous shakercard! I love the colours, flowers and all the details, you always make such lovely and bright cards!
I hope the redecorating goes well.
hugs, Marlies

Christa said...

owww this one is awesome ,great colors like your shakercard its beautiful hugs christa

Anonymous said...

Just Beautiful! Love your attention to detail and your DP is gorgeous, wonderful card
Hugs Julie P

Monique said...

Beautifull card Julia !! I love it :)).

Hugs Monique

cabio's craft corner said...

This is so gorgeous Iulia. How cheerful of this card and you used the beautiful bright coloring on this. So sweet :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

mettepip said...

Hi Iulia! Many thanks for your nice words!
What a gorgeous car you have made!
Just love all the colors!
hugs
Mette

Mau xx said...

What do you mean Iulia...You haven't been in a creative mood lately....lol This is Gorgeous and the detail and colours are beautiful. Maybe when I am not in creative mood i might make something as wonderful, but I doubt it xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...