Friday 12 August 2011

Just Magolia GDT- Summer Calendar

Hi my lovelies! I have a short post for you today- my eyes are half closed and I'm aware that in five hours time my bedroom's door will roughly open and my little one will jump on my bed starting to pinch, bite and pull my hair. No time to waste then.
So,this is my second week as GDT for Just Magnolia and the challenge theme put forward by the DT girls is what else than "Holiday Fun!". Hope many of you are still enjoying your summer breaks; if not, this is a perfect occasion for you to plunge into a holiday mood and start creating:)
I'll show you today a summer calendar; my idea of having fun is right now observing the beautiful summery nature corners with all its lovely creatures the most talented Pauline has concentrated in the Magnolia stamps. I really enjoyed putting these 3 stamps together; I even added a few butterflies here and there for the cohesion.
The frame I created around the image includes mosaics and quilled flowers, some of my former hobbies:). The size of the calendar is that of an A4 paper and DP is DCWV Mariposa- 8x8 paper pad.


 I have a bad camera these days and I also put acetate on to protect the colored image -sorry for the blurred picture.


I kept simple the calendar pages- maybe I shall add more later:)



Recipe:
Embellies: handmade quilled flowers, mosaic, WOC metal butterfly and rhinestones, ribbon from stash
Coloring medium: Promarkers, copics and chalks
Dies: Magnolia Doohikeys Dragonfly
Calendar: freebie from here

Thanks for coming by today! It's always great to hear from you!

Hugs,

26 comments:

Jolanda said...

This is such a beautiful project!! i love your handmade quilled flowers!
grtz Jolanda

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous colours and images Iulia, love the calender page, really pretty.

Luv CHRISSYxx

cebelica said...

Wow, this is so beautiful!

CraftyC said...

Wow, what a beautiful creation Lulia. Your calendar is just gorgeous!
Clairexx

Debbie said...

Stunning Calendar...

Hugs
Debbie

Tracey T said...

Wow! This is stunning - you put together the images so cleverly and your colouring is always beautiful. xx

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Gorgeous project hun!! LOVE your coloring and who wouldn't love to hang this beautiful calendar up?!! :)

Catherine said...

What a fantastic calendar Iula ! Your colouring is stunning as always and I love your quilled flowers ! Gorgeous ! Hugs x

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Iulia, you created such a beautiful scenery for July! exploring Tilda is very dear to my heart, I love all Tildas, but some are special! Goreous mosaic effect and very lovely flowers.
Your sky backgroun is totally beautiful.
Hugs.

heidy said...

Wow Lulia,this is gorgeous!
Hugs Heidy

Christina C. said...

OMG, girl, is there no end to your talent??????? This is absolutely PHENOMENAL....loving that gorgeous frame and the Tildas are to die for.......soooooo stunning!!!!!!
Beautiful calendar!!!!

Unknown said...

OMG is lovely!!. I'm in love with your works!. Congratulations!!. Your blog is wonderful!. Thanks for sharing!! :)

sunnysideup/doreensng said...

Wow love your project! what a lovely creation!And all the lovely flowers!
hugs
Doreen

D K Crafts said...

Your calendar is gorgeous. Love how you have used the Tildas together to make a summery scene. Beautiful colours and papers and the mosiac edging is really pretty. Donna

Marianne Reijgersberg said...

Like I wrote before: You are so creative and talented. This is amazing, stunning, gorgeous etc, etc.
Love the scene with all the Tilda's en your flowers are awesome.
I hope you got a good sleep last night (it was a short one) and that you had enough energy for today and your little one.
Hugs Marianne

Dodici said...

This is just wonderful!!!x

Sandy said...

Your picture is just fine lulia. This is one beautiful project. I love quilling and one fine day I hope to put some of my quilling on a card. By the way young lady --- your coloring is PERFECT!!!
Love you loads,
Sandy

Rene said...

Oh my! Isn't this just charming?!? So pretty and beautifully colored! Amazing!
Rene :D

Hanna said...

Oh my, I don't know where to begin... you've made me totally speechless with this amazing creation, Iulia, I'm blown away.
Your calendar is out of this world! The mosaic frame is absolutely OUTSTANIDNG, you are so, so clever. I'm totally impressed by everything here on your blog, you have such an INCREDIBLE talent.

hugs,
Hanna

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a fabulous creation, just gorgeous!
Helen x

Anonymous said...

Very interesting points. Thanks!

My site:
dsl anbieter vergleich www.dslvergleichdsl.com

Marita said...

What a lovely creation♥. Love the colouring, decorations and the image♥.

Hugs Marita♫♫

cabio's craft corner said...

Wow Iulia, I LOVE LOVE this cheerful calendar. It is so stunningly made :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Marjorie said...

Wow Hun, this is gorgeous, your projects are always so sunny and bright, just love them:)
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Pat said...

Hi Iulia...your talent SCARES me! hehehe! I swear, you always come up with the BEST projects! I LOVE this calendar...and, of course, I love Tilda! Simply stunning! Hugs. Pat

Christa said...

oww wow , where can i buy this ;) its so awesome beautiful, how much time you have spend on this calender , ilove it hugs christa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...