Thursday, 23 June 2011

Lili of the Valley GDT book card

Hi again! This is my second post today but a very important one for me too:)  I'm one of those lucky few who gets to be designing for the awesome Lili of the Valley stamping company... well, at least for a month:) But it's a great honor to me to be a part of this fabulous team and I must admit I'm totally addicted to LOTV cute lil stamps. I've always said that besides their being simply adorable they are also great value for money and appeal to everyone's taste. 
For my first GDT card I chose one of my all time favorite stamps- Times to Treasure and made a book card for a change. I followed Donalda's fabulous sketch which is this week's challenge at Lili of the Valley and used a lot of Wild Orchid Crafts embellies. These really seem to be the perfect match for LOTV stamps:) All panels are stitched and silver acrylic paint was added. The book is paper-pieced.

This is my card:



Recipe:
Stamp: Lili of the Valley- Times to Treasure
Coloring medium: Promarkers, chalks (the sky), pencils
Embellies: Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, pins, leaves, metal corners and metal flower centers; satin ribbon from The Ribbon Girl
Misc: silver acrylic paint, Ranger Distress Stickles
Dies: Cheery Lynn French Pastry doily and heart to heart die, circle nesties, Magnolia Doohickeys heart lace border
Tools: stitching machine, Scor-pal
Size: 6x6 inches when folded
Sentiment: computer generated- quote by Moises Hernandez,
Lili of the Valley- Together Forever

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Wild Orchid Challenges- Shabby Chic Friendship
Pile it on- Show us some metal

Hope you like my book card:) Don't forget to stop by Lili of the Valley challenge blog just to marvel at the gorgeous creations the DT ladies came up with. They're always of the highest quality in style and execution.
 

 Wish you all a happy shiny day!

Hugs,


34 comments:

Sharon Keanly said...

Oh my goodness, your book card is absolutely STUNNING. Just love all the elements... a fabulous work of art! hugs Sharon x

Marjorie said...

What a lovely creation Iulia, it is absolutly stunning, I really love your cards they are always so interesting, and really beautiful.
Love your blog:)
Hugs,
Marjorie

Marianne said...

This is a masterpiece. How beautiful. You can see that you put a lot of love and work in it.
As ever you paperchoise and decoration is stunning.
Hugs Marianne

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is fabulous, love it.
luv
Debby

hobby@Janet said...

oooh wauwww Julia..this is amazing!!
Love the papier and the decoration.

thanks for your comment on my blog :)

Hugs Janet

(sorry for my bad enlisch writing)

Debbie said...

This is stunning..OMG Girl You are so talented!!!!

Hugs
Debbie

Dodici said...

Amazing card,LOVE it!x

Elaine L. said...

All I can say is "WOW!" This is incredibly wonderful! All the details are amazing! I don't have enough superlatives for this beauty!

Dena said...

Oh girl, it is so nice to have you as a GD member for LOTV!!! Love your work and this is no exception! What an amazing project!!!! Love the gorgeous papers and silver metal pieces you used. A work of art!
Hugs, Dena

Christina C. said...

OMG, girl, this card has a definite WOW factor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a work of art....absolutely AMAZING.....love, love,love it!!!!!

Ellie said...

This is just stunning Iulia, love love love your coloring, the image is so very cute (think have to place another LOTV order soon!!). Love your papers and all! Thank you for sharing! Adding your blog to my fave. blogs list!
Ellie.

Dorcas said...

OMGoodness this is FANTABULOUS, Iulia! Ive never made a card book before and after seeing this I'd like to try. I love the words in the inside too, what a special card!

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is Stunning, fabulous colouring and so much detail,and I like the verse too.
Kevin xx

Sandy said...

It ought to be against the law to be so beautiful and talented at the same time - and I bet you have on gorgeous figure and your husband is one handsome hunk!!!!! Julia, dear friend, this is absolutely, out of this world wonderful!!! You have had an artistic flair since day one.
These colors are gorgeous - your coloring delightful and the design work inspiring. You were right Iulia - I adore LOTV images. I think they are my favorite images. You would think I would use them more. Mark my word Iulia - you will be a DT for LOTV! Congratulations on the guest spot. Then know talent when they see it. Wow - the outside is beautiful and the inside is incredible!!
Love You,
Sandy

coops said...

oh my word!! this is absolutely fantastic iulia.i love the image and your colouring is amazing :D

xx coops xx

Marlies said...

Wauw Iulia, your bookcard is amazing! Such gorgeous details, colours everything, what a talent you have!
hugs, Marlies

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is just beautiful, gorgeous work, glad you are our GDT this time your work is amazing hugs pops x

ellabella said...

GORGEOUS!!!! Absolutely, positively GORGEOUS!!! I am in total awe of your amazing coloring skills!

CraftyC said...

Stunning and so beautiful embellished. Its beautiful lulia!
Clairexx

Dobra said...

Very beautiful work
her wonderfully done a
and beautifully painted stamp

Molecraft said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning! Amazing work!
Helen x

Mascha van Dijk Zimmerman said...

It's is beautiful, great project, beautiful colors! Bye Mascha

Rach said...

oh wow, this is just gorgeous, what a fantastic project, wonderful colours and details. hugs rachxx

Tracy said...

This is just absolutely gorgeous Iulia! You always have such pretty flower embellishments and this is no exceptions. I love this stamp. It may be time for me to drag it out and play with it again. :-) It's no wonder that LOTV wants you on their team. Hugs!

Trish Hughes said...

wow, stunning details!!! thanks so much for sharing your beautiful work with us at PIO this week!!!

Little K Smith said...

Oh this is absolutely stunning! I love, love, love it!! Perfect colouring too :)
Kelly.x

Cami said...

First of all Iulia, CONGRATS on your DT with LOTV! You will do them proud with your STUNNING creations! What a fabulous job on this book box card. Your coloring is fab as always and you are always so detail oriented. Love these colors and all the embellies.
Hugs, Cami

Kelly Neis said...

Wow, talented girl, congratulations and what a gorgeous card! I love the inside, it is so awesome. I wouldn't be surprised if LOTV makes you a full time designer because you are gifted. Awesome work!

Donna Mosley said...

Absolutely stunning creation Iulia. Love all the very scrummy details.

Donna x

Mona E said...

Wow! I really love your book-card. You have embellished it perfectly and your colouring is amazing. That bow is so beautiful. love the colour of it.
I was just stopping by to introduce myself to you. I`m the new DT at the Emerald Faerie and i really look forward to be working with you all. Have a nice day, hun. Hugs...Mona

Inger said...

Wowwww this is sooooo BEAUTIFUL!!!
Love love love it! :)))

♥ Hugs, Inger

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Gorgeous!!! The colors are amazing!!!!

Chrissy said...

Absolutely gorgeous.Love every detail Iulia, just perfect.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Stampin Mindy said...

Wow! This is amazing. So many details. This image is darling and you colored it perfectly!
Thank you so much for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts, Shabby Chic Friendship Challenge.

Hugs, Mindy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...