Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Celebrate!

Hello friends!
Hope you are all well and having a great week! It's a bright shiny day and I'm guessing it's only the beginning of more outdoor time (running after my little one and yelling at) and less time for crafting. Luckily for me he still sleeps in the afternoon and hope he'll not suddenly decide not to be a baby anymore and skip it. Well, after 2 hours run, see-saws and fights with other kids he eventually got where I planned to : bed:) So, this is my card I've just made and I even have the guts to apply for a GDT position at Lili of the Valley with. Not that I'm extremely satisfied with the result but it costs nothing to give a try:). Plus, I just love Lili of the Valley stamps. I have more than 30 stamps and didn't have the chance to ink but a few. There are so many beautiful stamps and so little time....but I guess I'm not telling you something new:)
For my card I've followed Bev's fabulous sketch for this week's challenge at LOTV:


and chose a stamp from the new animal collection, which is just fabulous!!! It's called Birthday Bumps and I think it's perfect for any kind of celebration , birthday, whatever. I colored it with promarkers and chalks for the sky/clouds. It was my first attempt with chalks  and I like how it turned out:).



Recipe:
Stamp: Lili of the Valley- Birthday Bumps
Coloring medium: Promarkers, chalks
Papers: K&Company Julianne, silver coated cardstock from stash
Flowers; Wild Orchid Crafts
Dies/punches: Marianne Design - Forest branch, MD circle dies, nestabilities- scalloped and lacey circles, Martha Stewart doily lace punch
Misc; ribbons, feathers from stash, 5mm pearls and charm from Bunny Zoe
Sentiment: Lili of the Valley- Calendar

Challenges for my card:
Crafty Cardmakers  - Special birthdays
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Happy Birthday with lots of Pearls 
Ooh La La Creations -  Mother's Day/Special Friend
Let's Ink It Up -no digis allowed -  Die Cuts or Punches 
Card Makin' Mamas  - animals
Fairy Knoll - birthday or thank you
Stamp Something - something sweet
Simon Says Stamp - Happy Birthday
Wild Orchid Crafts - Dieing to punch it out
Everybody Art - Happy Birthday


I wish you all a great week and thank you so very much for your visit with me and for any comments you leave I thank you with big hugs!


Iulia



29 comments:

Marlies said...

What a gorgeous card! Your colouring is realy great! love how you also did the inside of the card. You are sure to be chosen as GDT with this card!
hugs, Marlies

Dorcas said...

Gorgeous!!! You are doing AWESOME!!!

Chrissy said...

What a stunning card. Love the colour combo and this image is just adorable...with great colouring.Beautiful.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Claire said...

Just beautiful, that stamp is adorable and your colouring is fab! I love all the stitching too
Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
Claire xx

Marianne said...

What a sweetie this is! Your coloring is fabulous again. I'm sure you have a change at the DT. I keep my fingers crossed for you. Love the inside. It's very beautiful.
Good luck, Marianne

Berenice R. said...

Super cute card! Thanks for sharing :)

Molecraft said...

Gorgeous card, fabulous colouring and love the colours! Good luck with the GDT position!
Helen x

fialka012 said...

Moc hezké...

Danielle said...

Bonsoir Iulia c'est tout à fait mignon! J'adore. This image is so very precious. Love those cute little bears. Your papers are wonderful, and those shades of blue so ravishing. Beautiful!
Hugs. D.

Christina C. said...

My dear Iulia, this is soooooo precious...love this adorable image, colored to perfection!!!
You always have the perfect details and your color choices are magnificent. Beautiful work, Hun!

Vixykins said...

Beautiful card, so professionally made! Good luck with the GDT position, you'd do them proud!

Thank You for playing at CRafty Cardmakers x

xxxtglxxx said...

Iulia this is so deserving of a GDT spot! :)

Its just wonderful in every way, where do i start. Great stitching details (I would say that! lol :) )

You have coloured this beautifully, love the bright blue organza ribbon and the punched leaves. Beautiful colours and DP too.

So pretty on the inside.

and now for the bad news......Im sure your little one will grow out of the afternoon naps in the wink of an eye! :D so make the most of it. :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Donna Mosley said...

Oh! Lulia, this is amazing. You definately are in with a chance for GDT, I love your amazing colouring and all the pretty details. Thanks for following me, it's given me the chance to check out your lovely blog, lookng forward to visiting you loads. :o)

Donna x

lalkygirl said...

wow what a stunning creation both inside and out,your details are amazing ,so beautifully coloured and perfect embellies.......did i mention i love it!!!
good luck for the gdt spot.you truly deserve it and thanks for joining us at ooh la la this week good luck in the challenge
tracey x

Rosietoes said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Iulia. Beautifully crafted and the colouring is awesome.
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog today. :)

Edna x

Julie said...

Wow! Just stunning!! Love the colors makes me wish for summer.
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog i hope you get the gdt spot

julie x

Nicola said...

Fabulous take on this week´s sketch Iulia. Your card is gorgeous, love your colouring to this adorable image. Your floral and ribbon details are so prettyThank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Suzanne Brookfield said...

This is an exceptionaly well made card - its beautiful. You deserve to get the spot on the Design Team. Thanks for plaing alongat LIIU. SuzanneB

Donna Mosley said...

Hi there Iulia, sorry forgot to say Thank You for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers, I was so busy checking out your fab blog. Doh!

Donna x

ellabella said...

OMG!!! You make the most magnificent cards...love the style of this phenomenal creation!!!!

Anne said...

Stunning! Thanks for sharing with us at OLL. Hugs x

Saxo Stamper said...

Congratulations on making the top three over at Lili of the Valley, I can see why they chose you, it is truly beautiful, you have done a wonderful job.

K

scrappinpeg said...

OH THIS IS PRECIOUS... GREAT JOB

craftykitten said...

Super card, lovely colours. Love the inside too. Thanks for joining in our Die Cuts/Punches challenge at LIIU and our Mother's Day/Special Friend challenge at OLL this time.
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

cebelica said...

Ooooh, this is so cute! All your creations are amazing! I'm really glad I found your blog (thank you for leaving a comment on my blog so that I could come and visit you too). I can't wait to see more of your fantastic creations.

Hugs!

Mina said...

stunning card Lulia so beautifully coloured and you have a great chance on LOTV too...thanks for joining in with our Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx

chrissy xx said...

A Gorgeous card inside and out!
LOve it.
Chrissyxx

vickisunshine said...

Hi just hopped to your blog after you visited mine! Your blog is amazing, I'm really enjoying looking at all your beautiful cards. Your colouring is amazing, great shading too and I love how you put all the papers together all fabulous, thanks for your feedback on my blog too. I shall be adding you to my blogs I'm following. Bye for now. Vicki Sunshine x

Judie aka Craftymess said...

gorjuss creation hun, such lovely colours, good luck with the dt, thanks for getting crafty with us at Crafty Cardmakers

hugs
Judie xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...