Wednesday, 5 January 2011

A new year, a fresh new card

    Happy New Year, everyone!

    I wish you all a great and prosperous 2011 with lots of accomplishments but, most of all, good health to you and your loved ones!

    Now, back to our stamping stuff :) I haven't posted for a while now. I guess I really needed some time off with my family and that meant, of course, far away from my computer... hehe. Well, it is high time I come up with a new card and new challenges. For that, I chose a Mo Manning digi and a sketch by Bev Rochester for three lovely challenges. 


And a side view:


     I just love this image and it's also very versatile when it comes to making a gift.
    
     Here's the recipe: 
    Stamp: Mo Manning - Shy ,colored with Promarkers
 Papers: Canson, My Mind's Eye
Embellishments: quilled flowers and leaves, McGill punches, MS doily lace punch, lace and button from stash, ultrafine glitter
Sentiment: peel-offs from MME, mounted on foam-pads for dimension

     The panels were machine sewn then adhered to card.

     The challenges I have in mind for today are:

Wild Orchid Challenges - A Sketch by Bev
I Love Promarkers - Recycle ( the lace from an old baby blanket, the button, the quilled flowers I made from paper bits).

Thanks to all who drop by and for taking the time to leave a comment if you like my card!

Have a fabulous year!!!
     Hugs, Iulia

17 comments:

scrap joanny said...

fabulous - so pretty !!!!! wow !!!!

Elaine L. said...

This card is wonderful! I love the colors and the papers you've used, and those hand-made flowers are the perfect touch. Glad you shared it with us in Mo's Challenge.

LISA said...

A beautiful card, i love the soft colours you have chosen and such a cute image as well xx

Tine said...

Hi Iulia. Gorgeous card using a fab image. She is such a cutie! Your flowers are perfect and go so well with your chosen DP. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi lulia. This is so beautiful - love the colours, the lace, and those fabulous quilled flowers. Thanks for visting my blog today, and I have really enjoyed having a look at your wonderful creations.
HUgs, Sylvia xx

Kathleen said...

Fabulous quilled flowers plus an adorable image makes a great card, thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.

Dorcas said...

Hi Iulia! You did a beautiful job on this card and I'm so glad you decided to share with us at Mo's this week! :-)
PS) Ive become a follower and if you would like to visit me feel free to stop in!
Hugs,
Dorcas

The Wired Angel said...

This is a beautiful card, Lulia and your flowers are great. It's perfect for the challenge at Mo's this week. Thanks so much for joining us.

Alice Wertz said...

awww.... this is darling, lulia! beautiful coloring and the details are amazing!

Dawn B. said...

This is so sweet. You did a great job. Love the way you added the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Mo's this week.

Karen said...

Gorgeous! love the flowers too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Cathy said...

Iulia, that is a beautiful card. I love your coloring and the DPs are fabulous.

Hope you had a wonderful New Year.

Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Michele said...

Such a gorgeous card Iulia. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Priyanka said...

o God this is just fabulooooooooooooooooous,u r to talented friend, thank you friend for ur comment, and yeah a very Happy New Year 2011

Leslie Avila said...

So super duper cute. Loving all the bright colors. Youve colored this adorable image perfectly.
Blessings to you,
Leslie

WeirdCat said...

This is gorgeous, you can never go wrong with a Mo image, thank you for joining us this week at I♥Promarkers
Ruth x

My name is Wynneth said...

Sooooo... pretty, I'm loving all your quilled flowers and that image is adorable. Thanks for joining us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.
hugs
wynneth
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...