Thursday, 20 January 2011

My first Lili of the Valley card!

Hi everyone!

I' so excited to have received this lovely package from Lili of the Valley this morning! I've been looking forward to having this new set of stamps! They're really adorable and definitely good value for money.
Well, I've been making cards using LOTV stamps before but never thought of taking pictures of them before giving them away, so this would be my first LOTV card to appear on this blog!
Here they are- some of them- the others have been already mounted on acrylic blocks, cause I had to ink them up right away:))



Aren't they sweet?

And now, here's my little card. I say little because it is slightly smaller than my usual card template in order to show off the stamped image:

 
And a close-up. I only used 6 Promarkers to color this image and the blender. I just wanted to challenge myself and try something new. My hubby says I spend too much on coloring stuff so I felt like pinching and saving. But, in the end, there's no saving at all:))

  My card features the stamp called  "The Little Things" , colored with Promarkers. The DP is Marianne Design - Eline's Pretty Paper Bloc - In The Meadow.
I've also used Marianne design creatables (swirl and frame), roses (10mm, 15mm and 5 mm rosebuds) from Wild Orchid Crafts . The sentiment came with this lovely image and I guess it's just perfect as it is, no need to rack my brains about that too:) The rest of the embellishments are from stash, no idea where and when I got them.  As for the glitter on the girl's dress, it looks awful in the picture and so beautiful in real life... hehe.
Now, something you won't believe: only after finishing my card have I had this curiosity to check on what was the challenge theme this week at LOTV. And, seemingly, my layout would fit the sketch put forward by Dawny P. Thanks, Dawny!

Here are the challenges:
Simon Says Stamp- Bingo (I used gems/glitter/ribbon)

Thanks for dropping by!

Hugs, Iulia



20 comments:

Tine said...

Gorgeous card Iulia. Love the image and your chosen DPs. Works brilliantly! Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

Dorcas said...

Super gorgeous! And aren't LOTV great to deal with? I live in the STates and I was amazed at how reasonable the shipping was and how fast they came! Can't wait to see what you make!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Beautiful "With Love" card

Thanks for joining us on Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Kathleen said...

Beautiful card, thank you for joining us this week at I ♥ Promarkers.

Angela said...

This is gorgeous! I love these images too! Love your layout and embellishing and I think your coloring is beautiful! hugs, Angela

Love crafts forever said...

This is just one gorgeous card. Thanks for playing at OSAAT.
Hugs Nataliya

Curlybear said...

Wow isn't this just the cutest card, fabulous image and love colour combo,
thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter: 117: With Love,
Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :) x.
SCSC DT

Chris (catt871) said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colours and the flowers and ribbon are so pretty!! THANKS For joining us at Simon Says Stamp this week!!!
Chris

A.J. said...

Lovely card - Lili of the Valley images are so lovely too!
Thanks for playing along with our challenge this time over at OSAAT.

Crafty Creations by AJ
Amanda

WeirdCat said...

Beautiful card, love the embellishments, thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week
Ruth x

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Absolutely gorgeous lulia - your colouring is superb, and I love all the beautiful embellishments. Thank you so much for joining us this week at OSAAT - Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Karen said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Suzilou said...

You have got a great collection of LOTV stamps there and love the card you have made, very pretty :)

Jayne said...

Really sweet card Lulia, love all the details and the sentiment is perfect. Thanks for joining us last week at OSAAT.

scrappinpeg said...

OH YOU LUCKY GIRL TO HAVE THESE LOTV'S.... I HAVE THEM ON MY WANT LIST......
BEAUTIFUL CARD AND SO SWEET!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, gorgeous card, love the adorable image you've chosen.
luv
Debby

My name is Wynneth said...

Fabulous card, I love all the different elements you used and that is an adorable image. Thank you for joining us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.
hugs
wynneth
x

Mina said...

so so pretty and romantic feeling card, I love your mix of embellishments Lulia...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

Rosietoes said...

Beautiful card. Lots of delicious details. :)

thank you for joining with us at LOTV this week.
Edna x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...